Happy Tuesday everyone! Today I want to share with you a cute customized gift that you can make for a baby boy using your scrapbooking and general crafting supplies. I've given this gift to both boys and girls with great success! Here are two examples:
To make this gift you will need
A plain wooden shadow box house - available at your local craft or dollar store.
Acrylic paint in chosen colours
Baby themed chipboard and other embellishments
Die cut machine (optional)
1. Paint your box in your chosen colours.
2. If you want to use patterned paper backings like the first image shown: measure the sections of the box and cut patterned papers to fit them. Check to see if any of your punches will punch the right size piece to save some time. You can also cut pieces to fit the roof and sides of the box.
3. Decorate the box with embellishments. Use stickers, chipboard and shapes cut using a die cut machine.
4. Add the baby's name in the sections. You can either do one letter per smaller section like the first image, or the entire name in a larger section like the second image. If you don't yet know the name, simple put the word "name" in the section and let the parents know that you will supply the correct letters later! You can also choose to label one section for a photo, which the parents can add. if you're giving the gift after the baby's birth you can also include pertinent info like the date and time of birth.
5. Embellish one corner at the outside of the house if you like.
6. Wrap and present with love!